We are a community of believers striving to become: An authentic community of faith that worships God wholeheartedly, is growing spiritually, is investing in positive and eternal priorities, and is inviting our family, friends, neighbors, and community to become part of His family!
· Jesus is God the Son, equal with the Father and the Holy Spirit. He took the form of human flesh in which he was both fully God and fully man. He was born of the Virgin Mary by the Holy Spirit and lived a sinless life, confirming all He taught with mighty works, wonders, and signs. He offered His life as payment for the sins of all people; was crucified, died, and was resurrected on the third day. He returned to the Father's right hand in heaven where He prays for all of His followers. He will come again personally, bodily, and visibly to judge the living and the dead and to establish His kingdom.
· The Holy Spirit is God, coequal with the Father and Son. He acts to draw persons to salvation in Jesus Christ by convicting them of sin, righteousness and judgment. He indwells all believers at the moment they are saved, and makes available to each Christian power, understanding, and discernment for victorious living, as well as gifts and anointing for service.
· The Bible is God's Word. It was written by human authors under the guidance of the Holy Spirit, and has been supernaturally preserved over the centuries. It stands alone among all the literature in the world in revealing God, the way to fellowship with Him, the lifestyle that pleases Him, and truth.
· In Baptism by Immersion-that it illustrates all which occurs in the life of an individual who trusts Christ as Savior. Baptism should be received following the decision of an individual to trust Christ and by the total immersion of the body in water. It symbolizes the burial of the person we were before we trusted Christ, the washing away of our sins, rising to walk as a new creation in Christ. It is the believer’s next step of Obedience. (See Romans 6:3-4)
· It is our responsibility as individuals, and as a church, to reach out to others and share how they can be saved. (See Romans 10:14)
· In the Eternal Security of the believer-that even though sin disrupts our fellowship with God, it cannot separate us from our fellowship with God. (See Romans 8:15, Romans 8:38-39)
· In the priesthood of every believer -- that is every Christian is uniquely gifted by God and is equally valuable in accomplishing God's mission for the church through acts of service to one another. (See 1 Peter 2:9, Hebrews 4:18, Ephesians 4:11)
New Horizons Community Church
764 Desert Ash
Horizon City, TX 79928